Irish 40 x 20 Junior Nationals sponsored by O’Neills.
Saturday 4th April in Collooney at 12 noon.
Boys 13 & Under: Lorcan Conlon (Mayo) v Odhran McGlynn (Down) G
Boys 13 & Under: Darragh Jordan (Galway) v Dara Curran (Tyrone) H
Boys 15 & Under: Alan Masterson (Mayo) v Kyle O’Meara ( Donegal) A
Boys 15 & Under: Shane Lawless (Galway) v Ronan Curran (Tyrone) B
Boys 13 & Under Plate: Runner up G v Runner up H (winner goes forward to wkend 18th/19th April)
Boys 13 & Under: Winner G v Winner H (winner goes forward to wkend 18th/19th April)
Boys 15 & Under plate: Runner up A v Runner up B (winner goes forward to wkend 18th/19th April)
Boys 15 & Under: Winner A v Winner B (winner goes forward to wkend 18th/19th April)
Match format and timeouts
Boys 13 & Under and Boys 15 & Under – 2 timeouts in 15 ace games, 2 time outs in 11 ace games
ALL MATCHES comprise 2 x 15 games, 1 tie break of 11 aces
All plate matches in all games are 2 x 15 games, 1 tie break to 11 aces
International playing rules apply for Irish Trials for international events
Main points of difference to note are:
1. Timeouts are of 1 minute duration.
2. Five minute timeouts are allowed between games.
3. If a game goes to a tie break that the player with the most aces scored in the first and second games, serves first in the tie break.
4. If a referee’s opinion a ball striking an opponent would not have reached the front wall, a mark or a hand out is given.
5. There must be strict application of the 10 seconds ruling
(a) from the end of play t the call of score and(b) for the period from the call of score to the completion of serve.